What Are Emergency Must Haves For Your Car
When it comes to planning for an emergency in your car, you have two ways to prepare. The first is by choosing a carwith features that will help protect you and your family. The second is by carrying an emergency car kit with you. This article will take a look at both, so you can leave your home confidently, knowing you’re protected.
HOW MERCEDES-BENZ KEEPS YOU SAFE
For decades, Mercedes-Benz has had a reputation for building the safest cars on the market. The features they offer today however, take protection to a whole new level.
- CRUMPLE ZONES: We’re able to protect you and your family with crumple zone technology. This means if an accident happens, the cabin is isolated. State of the art airbags cushion your head, knees and more, while rear passengers are protected from side impact airbags, along with seat belts that are reinforced with airbags.
- PRE-SAFE: It’s nice to know that if an accident can’t be avoided then your car will prepare you for it. The Mercedes-Benz patented Pre-Safe System anticipates collisions through sensor technology. Your seat belts will tighten, headrests adjust and windows close in just a few seconds. Some models even emit “pink noise”, triggering the inner ear to protect your hearing from the pressure of impact. Check out this 2021 Mercedes-Benz A220 4MATIC Sedan to see it’s impressive list of airbags.
- DISTRONIC: Ideally, you’ll be able to avoid collisions altogether, which is what Distronic does. Distronic assists the driver by automatically keeping a proper distance between you and the car in front. If traffic slows or stops, your Mercedes-Benz acts like a second set of feet and slows your vehicle for you.
- ATTENTION ASSIST: Unfortunately, you wouldn’t be the first person to nod-off while driving. The Attention Assist feature, however, works to keep you alert. Your Mercedes-Benz will monitor how you’re interacting with the vehicle controls and can detect steering corrections that hint you might be drowsy. For example, if your vehiclesenses driver fatigue, it will trigger an alert, encouraging you to take a break.
- PARK ASSIST: Whether you’re trying to parallel park on a busy street downtown, or backing out of your driveway, Mercedes-Benz offers Active Parking Assist and a 360-Degree Camera to keep you and those around you safe. This GLB250 4MATIC SUV offers both.
YOUR EMERGENCY CAR KIT
Here in Calgary, we have no shortage of snowy or icy road conditions. Safety experts and drivers across the country agree that an Emergency Car Kit is a necessity for all drivers. Some items suggested by the safety experts at the Government of Canada include:
- Sand, salt, or cat litter.
- Antifreeze and washer fluid.
- Jumper cables.
- Tow Rope.
- Fire Extinguisher.
- Warning light or flares.
- Wind up flashlight.
- Candle in a deep can with matches.
- Small shovel and snowbrush.
- Extra warm clothes and boots.
- Water in plastic bottles, and packaged food such as granola bars. Be sure to replace the emergency water and snacks every six months, or as recommended by the manufacturer.
Mercedes-Benz knows that luxury isn’t just style and comfort. It’s also the peace of mind you get knowing you and your family are taken care of. By building our vehicles with such high safety standards, we’re making sure accidents are less likely to happen, and if they do, they’re less severe. Book a test drive and experience what driving with complete confidence and peace of mind feels like.